Maybelline Gel Liner

maybelline gel liner



Hi my gorgeous dolls! GOOD NEWS!  Spring has truly arrived (we think..) and warmer weather is on the way!  This may not be a huge deal for those readers living in areas with mild weather year-round, but cold, wind, snow, hail, and rain ALL IN THE SAME DAY really starts to get a girl down after a while.  That being said, we welcome the sun with open arms.  

I'd like to talk a little bit about a product that quite a few bloggers and YouTubers have mentioned recently, and that is the Maybelline Gel Eye Liner (pictured above).  I bought it in the blackest black I could find, like usual, and have been using this for about 4 days now.  

The consistency of it is much different than you'd expect.  I would not describe it as a gel- it's more firm than that.  It's actually pretty solid when you stick the brush into it.  Oh yeah, it does come with a brush, also pictured above, which is quite nice.

The directions say to "Dip the brush into the container, and wipe off any excess product on the edge."  It's quite difficult to get the right amount on the brush, and in the right place.  It takes practice, girls.  Lots of practice.  It's also a task to get a clean line on the eye lid.  I find that I have trouble angling the brush correctly to apply it, and when I finally get it right, no product comes off.  FRUSTRATING.  The brush runs out of gel quickly and you have to keep dipping it in to get more.

OVERALL CONCLUSION: 
I actually hate it.  I don't like to post a lot of negative reviews on my blog, but I have to be honest with you guys.  I normally use the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Liquid Eye Liner, and I went and got more of that today so I don't have to use the gel anymore.  It takes way too much work and I don't like the outcome.  
Soo there's that.  Such a bummer.

Have you guys tried this gel eye liner?  Maybe I'm just crazy...what do YOU think of it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment