Mint Candy Apple and a Bow

Hi dolls!  I'm baaack :)
After a surprisingly positive response from a Instagram photo I posted yesterday, I wanted to share with you a little bit more about how I created this look:
Essie Mint Candy Apple

Pretty right?  I am always on the hunt for cute nail accessories, so I'm going to share with you where I got this and how I did it.  

Here's what you will need:



♥ Your favorite shade of nail polish.(I used Essie "Mint Candy Apple")
♥ A nail file
♥ A nail buffer
♥ A nail accent
♥ Any fast-drying top coat (I used "Out The Door")
♥ Nail Glue
♥ Pure acetone (any brand) for any leftover glue residue
 
Prep Work:
♥ File and buff your nails to begin with, then wash them with warm water.
I also recommend smothering your hands in lotion at this point and pushing your cuticles back.
A healthy cuticle is a happy nail :)
 
Paint:
♥ Apply 1-2 coats of the color of your choosing.  Let dry.
♥ Apply 1 coat of your top coat.  I love "Out the Door" because it dries incredibly fast and I don't have the patience to wait around.  It can be found at any Sally Beauty Supply. 
 IMPORTANT:  Make sure your nails are completely dry before you do anything else
 
Accent Application:
Nail Jewels
♥ This is the accent I have chosen, because whelp, I'm a little obsessed with bows as of late.
♥ If you're not sure where to find these, try Sally Beauty Supply.  They have a bunch of different gems to choose from and they're not terrible for price.
 
♥ Next is where the nail glue comes in.
♥ After your nails are dry, dab a little of the nail glue on the back of the accent.
press down on your nail, but not hard.  Let it sit there for a few minutes.
♥ If you feel you need a little more glue to keep it in place, place a few drops of glue around the accent when it is still on your nail. 
 
♥ At first, it feels like the gem will move around.  Try not to touch it.  Let it sit there for a while. 
The glue will harden.  Use acetone to remove any glue on your fingers.  There is nothing more annoying than nail glue all over your hands.  Acetone will take it right off. 
♥ It turns out like this:
 
Nail Jewels
Good luck and have fun! 
If you have Instagram, my username is KatieKrenz
♥xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment