An AMAZING Foundation Matching Trick

Happy Sunday ladies! With school, work, and everything else in between, I'm still managing to get a post out once a week.   That's an accomplishment in my eyes.
That being said, each of my very-spaced-out posts have to be knockouts.
Today, I bring you my newest and most favorite foundation.  
You may have noticed that I've done three or four different foundation posts in the last few months.
This is because I am foundation obsessed and I find it hard to settle for a less-than-perfect formula.
Most of you beauty bloggers can probably appreciate that.  Foundation is so important.

Here's my review:
Name:  Laura Mercier Oil-Free Supreme Foundation
Description: this foundation is a medium coverage and has a skintone-evening formula.  It is best used for oily/combination skintypes.  It works great with the #56 Pro Flawless Airbrush from Sephora, but a stippling brush works well too.  I find that unlike other heavier formulas, it does not settle into fine lines, which is good.  When it oxidizes, it stays pretty true to color and turns matte.  However, I still finish with a mineral veil powder from Bare Minerals to keep it in place.  When starting with a primer and finishing with a powder, this foundation lasts me all day. 
Shade:  I use Suntan Beige.  I have yellow and green undertones, and need a golden foundation free of any pink tones.  This matches my olive skin perfectly.
Price: $43
Where to Buy: Sephora

Foundation Matching Trick:
One of the color experts at Sephora told me about this one.  Maybe you've heard of it, but it's new to me and I wanted to share!
The best way to match your foundation is NOT matching it to your neck.  Most women usually test the shade on the jawline, and compare the shade to how well it matches their neck.  That is wrong.  If you do that , you will probably get a shade that is too light.
You should be testing it near the jawline, but matching it to your CHEST.
The reason for this is your face/neck region is always lighter than the rest of your body.  Matching it to your chest makes it look as though your face matches your body perfectly, and that is what we're looking for.      

It sounds strange, but try it.  You'll be amazed.

That's all I have for you.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Love Bugs!  
Kisses.


0 comments:

Post a Comment