Customized and Adorable Organization

Just recently, Courtney over at Dear Darling (one of the cutest blogs on the planet) did a post about organization.  If you know anything about me... click HERE to learn..... you know that I am obsessed with all things organization.  And I mean ALL.  
"There's a place for everything and everything in it's place."
So this post of hers caught my eye.  The subject of it was about daily planners, and I was so interested that I decided to go out and create one of my own.  It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.   
Check it out.




















The planners I bought in the past never had enough room for everything I needed.  So I bought this Tiffany Blue binder instead to hold all my goodies.  Everything I've bought so far is from the Martha Stewart Collection at Staples and can be found HERE.







































These tabs are super cute, but the best part is they are re-writable!  If I'm correct, you can even erase ball-point pen and use the tabs over and over.  Such a good investment and a great way to keep your planner organized.  One of these tabs is going to be labeled "Blog Posts" so I can jot down my ideas.   Yahoo :)









































The tabs and post-it notes are a great way to mark special events/appointments/birthdays/etc.  They store neatly in the binder and take up virtually no space.  LOVING IT.






















Lastly, I included a zipper-picket to store pens, date-markers, paper clips, or whatever else I may need.

Total, this binder-planner cost about $30 dollars, which is not too bad considering most planners that DON'T come with anything extra usually cost just as much if not more.  They also aren't customized to your liking.  Boo.  The size that I chose is 5.5 x 8.5 inches, but you can get the full 8.5 x 11 if you like.  I happen to prefer the smaller version so I don't get it confused with my school binders and it is a little more manageable.  

The only problem I ran into is finding calendar inserts.  When I bought the binder, I wasn't aware of the fact that calendar refills to put in it would be so expensive.  For one year, they are approximately $25-30 dollars.  That's insane.  I'm not paying that much for a few pieces of paper with boxes and numbers on it.  Ridiculous.  Being the money-saver that I am try to be, I went to my university book store and bought a $5 dollar planner that is about the exact size of my binder.  I carefully removed the calendar pages from it, and put the pages into my binder.  Voila.  Much cheaper and I now have a calendar.

Oh yeah, don't let me forget to mention that if you don't feel like putting one together, Courtney mentioned that she will soon be designing them herself!  Head over to Dear Darling to check that out.  
Hope this helps jump-start your organization skills!  Happy Monday pretty ladies x o x 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment