THE KEY ELEMENTS TO THIS TREND ARE:
- Contemporary twist on English floral prints.
- Vintage Americana Tropicana - trend inspiration from "Vintage Americana"
- African inspired insect prints - trend inspiration from "Power Prints"
- Miami feel, cool and fresh prints ready for the beach.
- 1950's Art Deco geometric prints updated with mashed up animal prints.
- Traditional paisley with a Middle-Eastern vibe.
The overall trend and collection has a bright bold pattern clash statement:
- Experimental prints from power prints/floral ditsy prints/scale variation create a wide and interesting look to the full collection.
- Mixing traditional screen printing with digital and contemporary sublimation print.
- Heavily inspired by new fresh talents like Holly Fulton, Matthew Williamson and Thankoon.
Trend Forecaster weekly contributor - HanaMarie.☮ [ hanamarie-hanamarie.blogspot.com ] and Helen Proudlock [ helenproudlocktextiles.blogspot.co.uk ]
© 2012 by HanaMarie and Helen Proudlock. All rights reserved. Inspirational layout may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission.
Helen Proudlock is a fresh emerging BA (Hons) Fashion Textile Designer from the UK. Her eye-catching collection of fabulously bold statement prints are clearly pattern focused, which show a interesting mix of various cultural ideas. I really love this collection and it has lots of potential to give other creative designers inspiration and trend direction. I definitely can see this trend catching on and be seen on the catwalks very soon.
Source of inspirations: Thankoon, Etro, Holly Fulton